Taylor Communications has been ranked the highest U.S.-based sustainable printer in Canopy’s 2018 Blueline Ranking, the only comprehensive assessment of the environmental performance of North America’s printers.
Published by global environmental not-for-profit Canopy, the interactive Blueline Ranking is designed specifically to help paper and packaging customers choose printers that can help them meet their own climate and sustainability goals and access Ancient Forest Friendly papers.
Printers at the top of this year’s ranking were active in advocating for the conservation of Ancient and Endangered Forests, supporting the development of next generation solutions, and bringing greater transparency to sustainability reporting.
Taylor Communications moved up 9 points to 2nd place, making them the highest ranked U.S.-based
printer – making them a top 10 printer in terms of sales as well as environmental
This year’s Blueline features a new rating system and some significant shifts as new big players climb
up through the ranks.
Highlights of the 2018 ranking include:
- Only six printers were awarded the Blueline’s top honor of Dark Green Ink-drops, well ahead of the other printers assessed in the ranking. They achieved this through strong commitments to environmental sourcing and transparency. All six dark green ranked printers are:
- Displaying their fiber sourcing policies on their company websites
- Supporting the use of ForestMapper and working to map their supply chains
- Engaging governments on protected area proposals in forest Landscapes of Hope
- Supporting markets for papers made with agricultural residues
- Reporting transparently on their company websites
“Protecting forests, reducing our impact on the environment, and working toward a more sustainable
supply chain are all big priorities at Taylor Communications,” said Melissa Kirk, Sustainability Program
Manager at Taylor Communications. “We are pleased and proud to be the highest ranked US-based
printer in Canopy’s 2018 Blueline Ranking, and we look forward continuing to strengthen our sustainability
performance over the next year.”
For the full release: