Reduce Risk of ADE
Timely, Comprehensive Information
One study projects that up to 70% of potential errors and 15% of all Adverse Drug Events (ADEs) could be prevented by standardizing the medication reconciliation process. While there is no absolute answer for eradicating ADEs, a standardized approach to Rx medication reconciliation can provide a uniform, risk-adverse environment to improve patient safety and the quality of care.
- Provide a snapshot of patient medications that can be easily validated with the patient or family
- Simplify forms completion to provide admitting practitioners with immediate information
- Enable clinicians to respond quickly to appropriate treatment
Comprehensive Med History
With medication reconciliation software, clinicians can improve outcomes by creating a reliable and complete medication history that generates a patient medication list from a comprehensive health integrated network that captures data from pharmacies and pharmacy benefit managers.
- Generate an “as filled” prescription medication list from pharmacies and data from payers and PBMs
- Provide prescription “signature data” that offers medication dosage information such as dose, form, route, and frequency
- Adapt easily to most healthcare settings - inpatient, outpatient, emergency, ambulatory, and long term care
More Productive Use of Time
RxHistory automates the tedious part of gathering the history of a patient’s prescriptions enabling clinicians, pharmacists and practitioners to focus on what they do best.
Streamline workflows to:
- Reduce time-consuming tasks of identifying pills and phoning pharmacies
- Improve communication between patients, families, and clinicians by providing a consistent medication history
- Provide pharmacists and clinicians with a more accurate medication history
- Support efforts to meet National Patient Safety Goal #3
“Over 770,000 people are injured or die each year in hospitals from adverse drug events.”